Sometimes we present professionals to prospective customers before a bid is submitted. This gives the customer the opportunity to "request a bid" from a professional. If a customer requests a bid from you, it means that they've seen your profile and think that you're a good fit for their request.
Unlike a standard lead, these customers have expressed a specific interest in your business and are inviting you to bid on their project.
When you receive a bid request, it's important you act fast. Review the request details and, if you're interested, reach out to the customer by sending a bid.
How do we select which professionals to present to customers?
We prioritise professionals based on responsive, activity, and profile quality. We take into account the following factors when prioritising a professional:
- That the professional's preferences match the request details
- How responsive a professional is when receiving bid requests
- How long it has been since a professional last bid
- The frequency of bids a professional sends
- The frequency of contacts a professional receives
- The quantity and quality of the professional's reviews
- If the professional has been ID-verified
- The professional's proximity to the customer (if it is a request for an in-person service)