On Bidvine you're charged whenever you decide to send a bid on a customer request (or when contacted using BidMatch). The cost to bid, or contact, varies depending on a number of factors including the service and size of the project. When bidding manually, the price to bid is displayed on each request. When bidding automatically, through BidMatch, the price per contact is displayed when setting up your services.
We’ve found that new service providers on Bidvine need to send up to 13 bids in order to get hired for their first project. Simply put, the more you bid - the greater your chances of being hired. As a result, we start all first-time service providers with an initial bundle of discounted Bidvine credit. To view which bundles are available to you, simply visit the available offers page under billing.
Get Hired or get the credit back - an industry first
Get hired through Bidvine using your initial credit bundle or get the same amount back to use on additional customer requests. Learn more here.
Have another question about payments? Visit the payment section of our Help Centre.
Still curious about how Bidvine works for service providers? Find out here.
- Please visit our Terms of Service to learn exactly how credit on Bidvine can be used.
- Initial Bundle will expire 12 months after purchase.
- Initial bundle may be bought via Paypal, credit or debit card on our website.
- We reserve the right to suspend a payment if the source of the funds used for payment is suspected to be fraudulent. Any funds received fraudulently or where we suspect they have been received fraudulently will be reversed immediately and we may inform the appropriate authorities or the police.
- You should be aware that online payment transactions are subject to validation checks by card issuers and we are not responsible if a card issuer declines to authorise payment for any reason. Please note, it is possible that a card issuer may charge an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for this.